A Good Mom

1:17 PM

This past week has been a great week. What made it a great week? Well. I decided to stop being "mean mom" as my 2 year old had recently calling me. I had been stressed and have had no patience.
I decided Monday that this has to stop. I need to be a happier mom. I need to savor this time in our life. So I made a conscious choice and made more of an effort to be more present in my kids life.

I started by getting up early. Reading my personal development books. Getting in my workout as early in the day as possible. We started going to the park everyday, going for walks, having picnics, and playing. We turned off the iPad more. We are staying busy with errands. I stopped obsessing on whether I got the house cleaned or if they got their clothes dirty.

It's amazing how all of these little things have lead us to have a happier week. We have created great memories. And a bonus is that Rhees hasn't fought bedtime this entire week!

Now I know keeping this up will be difficult and their will be days that things don't go smoothly. But I am choosing to be happy and making an effort and that's what counts. ‪#‎happyhealthymom‬ #happykids

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts