Turkey Lettuce Wraps

7:41 PM

I decided I needed to add some new recipes to our rotation. I had seen several recipes using ground turkey and I wanted to give that a try. 


So I scoured the Internet in search of a great recipe using ground turkey that would also be 21 day fix approved. I found several recipes for turkey tacos using lettuce instead of tortillas. 



I decided that would be a great one to try so i used a little bit from all of them to make my version. I started with the southwest seasoning recipe as a base but modified it to our liking from the 21 day fix nutrition plan. 

Here is my version of Turkey Lettuce Wraps!

1 red ❤️
1/2 green 💚 (1 green/no purple if you use fresh tomatoes)
1 purple 💜 
1/2 blue💙

Seasoning:
Chili powder approx 2 tbsp
Garlic powder 1 tsp
Onion powder 1 tsp
Cummin 1/2 tsp
Sea salt a pinch 
Paprika 1/2 tsp
Cayenne pepper to taste 

Cook your ground turkey in a skillet. Add in your seasoning and cook until cooked thoroughly and the grease has cooked off. 


Fill your red container with your turkey mixture. Place a good portion from your red container onto the lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese(1/2 blue container) and salsa or fresh tomatoes (fill 1/2 purple container but count as a whole container if using store bought salsa). We used romaine lettuce because that is what we had on hand but bib lettuce works best. 



Enjoy and have napkins handy as they can get messy! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts